This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.3448 / 53°20'41"N
Longitude: -1.1107 / 1°6'38"W
OS Eastings: 459300
OS Northings: 383470
OS Grid: SK593834
Mapcode National: GBR NYPR.BP
Mapcode Global: WHDF1.X684
Entry Name: Wigthorpe Hall
Listing Date: 30 November 1966
Last Amended: 12 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1045750
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241398
Location: Carlton in Lindrick, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, S81
Civil Parish: Carlton in Lindrick
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Carlton-in-Lindrick
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 58 SE CARLTON-IN-LINDRICK WIGTHORPE ROAD
4/42 Wigthorpe Hall
30.11.66 as Wigthorpe
Country house. Early C18 with late C18 alterations and 1872
additions. Ashlar, dressed coursed rubble, some red brick. West
front of ashlar has a parapet hiding the slate roof. 2 ashlar
gable stacks. Projecting chamfered quoins. Set on a plinth.
Two and a half storeys, 3 bays, with ground, 1st and 2nd floor
sill and lintel bands, cornice and blocking course. Central
doorway, part glazed door, projecting ashlar quoin surround with
keystone and pediment over. Either side are single two and a half
storey late C18 bow windows, each having a single central glazing
bar sash flanked by single, slightly smaller, similar sashes.
Above the doorway is a single glazing bar sash, with 3 sashes in
each bow following the pattern of the ground floor. On the top
floor are 7 small glazing bar sashes following the pattern of the
1st floor. To the right, slightly projecting but rising to the
same height, is the 1872 wing of ashlar with hipped slate roof.
Single ridge ashlar stack and moulded eaves band. 2 storeys, 3
bays, set on a plinth with 1st floor band and band below the
eaves. Central single low sash flanked by single sashes with 3
sashes above. The south side of dressed coursed rubble is set on
a plinth and has a single sash with a canted bay with 3 sashes to
the right. Above is a single sash with 3 glazing bar sashes in
the bay. To the right, set back, is a 2 storey, 3 bay red brick
and slate wing, with a single yellow brick ridge stack. The
north C18 gable end of dressed coursed rubble is set on a plinth
and has a stone coped gable with kneeler and flush ashlar quoins
to the left. To the left is a lower coursed rubble and pantile 2
storey, 4 bay wing, with extension line 2nd bay from the left and
red brick gable. Having varied fenestration. Interior has a
colonnaded staircase hall with 2 plaster columns with foliate
decoration, a dog-leg staircase with carved tread ends and an
oval glazing bar skylight.
Listing NGR: SK5930083470
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings