This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.0818 / 53°4'54"N
Longitude: -0.9466 / 0°56'47"W
OS Eastings: 470658
OS Northings: 354356
OS Grid: SK706543
Mapcode National: GBR BJY.TRB
Mapcode Global: WHFHF.FSGT
Plus Code: 9C5X33J3+P9
Entry Name: Station House
Listing Date: 20 May 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046117
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242452
Location: Southwell, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG25
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Southwell
Built-Up Area: Southwell
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Southwell St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
1919-0/7/147 (South East side)
Former stationmaster's house and waiting room, now a house.
Built 1871 for the Midland Railway Co. and converted c1976.
Yellow brick with stone dressings and steep pitched slate
roofs. Plinth, projecting quoins and window surrounds, gable
bands, pierced wavy bargeboards with finials. Single ridge and
external side wall stacks, with triple and double octagonal
shafts respectively, those to the side wall stack with moulded
caps. Windows are mainly C20 casements. 2 storeys; 2 window
range. Cross plan. Front has a projecting central gabled porch
with rebated segment headed doorway. To its left a gabled wing
with a cross casement on each floor, that below being larger.
To its right, beyond the external stack, a smaller casement.
Former platform side has to right a gabled wing with a 2
storey canted bay window with glazing bar sashes above and
cross casements below. To left, a large projecting
through-eaves dormer with a 2-light casement and below, a
cross casement. In the centre, a rebated doorcase with a small
window above it. Street end has a projecting gable with a
2-light casement above and a cross casement below. This
building was erected when the line from Rolleston to
Southwell, built 1847, was extended to Mansfield.
(Trail guides: The Southwell Trail: Nottingham: 1976-).
Listing NGR: SK7065854356
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings