This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9552 / 51°57'18"N
Longitude: -1.1208 / 1°7'14"W
OS Eastings: 460517
OS Northings: 228883
OS Grid: SP605288
Mapcode National: GBR 8WS.CG7
Mapcode Global: VHCWY.J4C0
Entry Name: The Old Post Office
Listing Date: 3 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046445
English Heritage Legacy ID: 243614
Location: Fringford, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX27
Civil Parish: Fringford
Built-Up Area: Fringford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Fringford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
FRINGF0RD MAIN STREET
SP6028 (East side)
20/21 The Old Post Office
House. Mid C18 with C20 alterations. Coursed limestone rubble. Steeply pitched
thatched roof. Four brick ridge and end stacks. 3-unit plan. Single storey plus
attic. 4-window attic range. 2 entrances, blacked on left with wood lintel.
Approximately central entrance has 6-panelled door, wood frame and wood lintel.
C20 porch. Ground floor has a single light C20 window with wood lintel and two
3-light wood casements in wood frames with wood lintels. Attic has three 2-light
similar windows and a C20 single-light window. Tie-bar on left, fire plaque on
right, Flora Thompson, who wrote Lark Rise to Candleford, once worked here when
the building was the village post-office.
(VCH: Oxfordshire: Vol VI, pl26)
Listing NGR: SP6051728883
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings