This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.932 / 52°55'55"N
Longitude: 1.2651 / 1°15'54"E
OS Eastings: 619534
OS Northings: 342163
OS Grid: TG195421
Mapcode National: GBR VBQ.2NR
Mapcode Global: WHMS2.DKNN
Entry Name: Old Hall
Listing Date: 20 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049538
English Heritage Legacy ID: 223286
Location: Runton, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR27
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Runton
Built-Up Area: East Runton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Runton
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
RUNTON TOP COMMON
TG 14 SE
2/45 Old Hall
House. Early C17, extensively remodelled 1909-10 perhaps by Baillie-Scott.
Brick and flint. Pantile roof. Plan now irregular. C17 east facade of 2
storeys, 3 irregular bays. 2 storey off-centre gabled porch the lower parts
in brick but much obscured by vegetation; almost semicircular headed archway.
2 light mullion and transom window to first floor; small light to north in
chamfered reveals. To right of the porch the ground floor is of C17 brick with
a timber 3-light C20 mullion in chamfered reveals. To left of the porch a
larger timber 5-light C20 mullion. Flint walling to first floor. 2-light
casement to left of porch. 2-light mullion and transom window to right. Axial
stack with 2 moulded brick shafts. To right of this range and projecting
forwards is an early C20 gabled wing. The rear of the C17 range was remodelled
in early C20 but the lower parts of an external stack to the southern room is
C17. Interior. Double ovolo mouldings to beam in southern room. Many moulded
beams of various dates probably introduced to house 1909-10. Archaic moulded
plaster fireplace dated 1909. Garden said to be by Gertrude Jekyll.
Listing NGR: TG1953442163
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings