This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8095 / 51°48'34"N
Longitude: -1.6346 / 1°38'4"W
OS Eastings: 425288
OS Northings: 212381
OS Grid: SP252123
Mapcode National: GBR 5SW.FL7
Mapcode Global: VHBZS.MS66
Entry Name: Waller Memorial About 17 Metres South of Entrance to Guild Chapel of Church of St John
Listing Date: 1 March 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053293
English Heritage Legacy ID: 254123
Location: Burford, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX18
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Burford
Built-Up Area: Burford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Burford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
BURFORD AND UPTON CHURCH LANE
SP2512 (Enlargement) Waller Memorial about
7/21 17m South of entrance
to Guild Chapel of
Church of St John.
Chest tomb. William Waller died 1863, his wife Laetitia in 1883.
Architect probably William Waller 1st in the dynasty of Wallers who were
Gloucester Diocesan architects. Gothic in French Rayonnant style. Wide
sloping plinth. Stepped base, panels with Gothic lettering, strips of
florets and circular panels with "W" entwined in leaves to North. South
side more pretentious with main enriched panel inscribed firmly "Waller"
Listing NGR: SP2528812381
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings