History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Mary Magdalene

A Grade II* Listed Building in Yarm, Stockton-on-Tees

Yarm Church from the east

Uploader's Comments

The church of ST. MARY MAGDALENE stands on the west side of the town close to the River Tees, which flows past it on the west. With the exception of the west end, which is of 12th-century date, the whole of the church was rebuilt in 1730 in the plain classic style of the day, and consists of a long nave and short chancel under one roof, with north and south aisles to the nave.

Uploaded by Antony Cairns on 16 July 2011

Photo Navigator

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.