This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6716 / 51°40'17"N
Longitude: -0.9668 / 0°58'0"W
OS Eastings: 471547
OS Northings: 197490
OS Grid: SU715974
Mapcode National: GBR C34.2DX
Mapcode Global: VHDVV.678V
Entry Name: Town Farmhouse and Attached Wall
Listing Date: 3 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1059716
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248951
Location: Lewknor, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX49
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Lewknor
Built-Up Area: Lewknor
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Lewknor
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
LEWKNOR HIGH STREET
SU7197 (South side)
10/105 Town Farmhouse and attached
Farmhouse. Early/mid C16, extended to sides c.1790. Originally timber-framed.
Rendered front: sides and rear of flint rubble with brick dressings. Gabled
M-shaped old tile roof; brick symmetrical end stacks and large rear lateral
stacks. Double-depth plan. 2 storeys; symmetrical 3-window range. Central gabled
projecting bay has C20 leaded window over segmental arched C20 door: flanking
bays have 3-light leaded casements except C19 three-light casement to lower
left. One-storey brewhouse to right of flint rubble with brick dressings, gabled
old tile roof, and C18 plank door flanked by 3-light leaded casements. Interior:
C16 house in centre has exposed timber framing and 3-bay queen-post roof with
curved windbraces and clasped purlins. Subsidiary features: L-shaped wall to
left of front, of flint and rubble with vertical brick dressings.
(Oxfordshire Country Museum, Woodstock, PRN 4040).
Listing NGR: SU7154797490
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings