This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1982 / 53°11'53"N
Longitude: -0.5324 / 0°31'56"W
OS Eastings: 498134
OS Northings: 367796
OS Grid: SK981677
Mapcode National: GBR FN3.J63
Mapcode Global: WHGJ5.SWN2
Entry Name: Chapel at St. John's Hospital
Listing Date: 23 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1061751
English Heritage Legacy ID: 192778
Location: Bracebridge Heath, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN4
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Bracebridge Heath
Built-Up Area: Bracebridge Heath
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Bracebridge Heath St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 01/09/2014.
7/2 Chapel at St. John's Hospital
Chapel. 1869 by Robert Young with Dr Palmer. In the Neo-Normal style. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings and slate roof with coped gables. Chamfered plinth with flush ashlar quoins. Single storey. West front, has attached gabled porch with 3 round headed lancets under a single round head with hood mould, gabled side
porches to left and right. Above a triple lancet with a taller central window with tracery and columns between and raised hood moulds. Above a gabled pointed arched bell core. Side wall has 6 round headed lancets with raised cill band and continuous hood moulds, between 7 pilaster buttresses. Internal fittings removed. Built as part of St John's Hospital.
Listing NGR: SK9813467800
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings