This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3809 / 53°22'51"N
Longitude: 0.15 / 0°8'59"E
OS Eastings: 543104
OS Northings: 389268
OS Grid: TF431892
Mapcode National: GBR YYHB.8R
Mapcode Global: WHJL0.88NZ
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 9 March 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063060
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195501
Location: Saltfleetby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Saltfleetby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Saltfleetby St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SALTFLEETBY ST.PETERS NORTH END LANE
TF 48 NW
9.3.67 St. Peter
Parish church. 1877 by James Fowler re-using C13, C14 and C15
fragments from original parish church in Charles Gate Road.
Coursed greenstone rubble, limestone ashlar dressings. Plain
tiled roofs with stone coped gables with cross finials and gabled
west bellcote with trefoil headed bell opening, hood mould and
grotesque head label stops. Nave with west bellcote, north and
south aisles, south porch and chancel with north vestry. Plinth
and regularly placed 2 stage buttresses round entire church.
West front with moulded string course running below pointed
window with 3 cusped pointed lights, vertical tracery and hood
mould. Single lancets to north and south each with chamfered
surround, hood mould with label stops (single label stop broken
off from south lancet.) North side of nave with 3 windows re-
using C15 fragments each with flattened triangular head, 2
pointed cusped lights with ovolo moulded mullions. North vestry
with rectangular window of c.1300 with 2 ogee cusped lights.
Doorway to left with pointed head, chamfered surround in one,
hood mould with head label stops and plank door. East end of
vestry with window of c.1300 with single light with cusped ogee
head. East end of chancel with moulded string course and 3 C19
lancets, that in the centre taller, with continuous hood mould
and label stops. South side of chancel with 2 pairs of C19
lancets with hood moulds and label stops and mouldedstring
course running below. East end of south aisle with lancet with
hood mould. South side of aisle with 4 re-used C14 and C15
windows. Rectangular window to east with 3 cusped ogee headed
lights, reticulated tracery and hood mould. Window to west with
flattened triangular head, 2 pointed cusped lights and hood
mould. Rectangular window beyond with 2 cusped ogee headed
lights with window to west with flattened triangular head with 2
pointed cusped lights. C19 porch with single pointed chamfered
lights in east and west walls. Pointed south doorway with
moulded head and jambs in one, hood mould and label stop heads.
Porch interior with single stone bench to west. Window sill
above with fragments of C15 cross head. C14 south doorway with
pointed chamfered head and chamfered jambs. Early C13 north and
south arcades of 4 bays with pointed double chamfered heads,
round piers and C19 corbelled responds. C14 chancel arch with
steeply pitched pointed double chamfered heads dying into walls
to east and west. C19 north vestry doorway with pointed
chamfered head, chamfered jambs, hood mould and label stops.
East window with nook shafts and hood mould. Small ornate C19
wooden reredos. C19 pews, altar rail, pulpit with ashlar base,
lecturn and roofs. C12 plain drum font on C20 base.
Listing NGR: TF4310489268
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings