This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.2052 / 53°12'18"N
Longitude: -1.6049 / 1°36'17"W
OS Eastings: 426488
OS Northings: 367646
OS Grid: SK264676
Mapcode National: GBR 582.32J
Mapcode Global: WHCD8.BP0N
Entry Name: Church of St Anne
Listing Date: 12 July 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063739
English Heritage Legacy ID: 81602
Location: Beeley, Derbyshire Dales, Derbyshire, DE4
District: Derbyshire Dales
Civil Parish: Beeley
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Beeley St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Derby
PARISH OF BEELEY CHURCH LANE
SK 26 NE
5/36 (North Side)
12.7.67 Church of St Anne
Parish church. C12, C13, restoration 1882-4 by H Cockbain.
Coursed squared gritstone with gritstone dressings and quoins.
Lead and Welsh slate roofs, hidden behind plain parapets with
moulded copings. Chamfered plinth. West tower, nave with north
aisle and south porch, chancel with north vestry. C13 west
tower of two unequal stages. Diagonal buttresses to west.
Single light depressed ogee headed bell-openings in each
direction. To the west a pilaster buttress. Moulded
battlements and four crocketed pinnacles. C19 gabled south
porch with neo-Norman moulded round-arched doorway with
colonnettes and carved capitals. The south side of the nave has
two C19 3-light windows with reticulated tracery. Hoodmoulds on
head stops. Two buttresses, continuous moulded sill bands. The
south side of the chancel has a plainly chamfered priests
doorway. To the left a 2-light flat arched window with
triangular headed subcusped lights. To the right a 3-light C19
window with cusped intersecting tracery. Hoodmould with head
stops. 3-light east window with bar tracery. The north side of
the chancel has one ogee headed cusped lancet. North aisle and
vestry in one of 1882-4. West and east windows and four north
windows, all of 3-lights with reticulated tracery, under
segmental pointed heads. Continuous sill and hoodmould, the
latter stepped up over the windows. Buttresses between each
window, have two set-offs. Ashlar chimney at the north east
corner. Interior: Plain C12 south doorway with scallop capitals
on C19 polished stone columns. Segmental innter arch and C19
plank door. Three bay north arcade with octagonal piers,
moulded capitals and double chamfered arches with hoodmould.
Similar C19 tower arch, the hoodmould with elaborate carved
stops with narrative biblical scenes. Similar chancel arch.
Monuments. Brass to John Calvert +1710, a recumbent figure in a
shroud. Large aedicule to George and John Savile +1733 and
1734. C19 stone and marble reredos and dado to east wall with
inset needlework panels. C19 piscina of subcusped round arch on
colonnettes. C19 altar with painted gothic panels. C19 gothic
choir stalls, built in stone pulpit and tub font. Stained
glass, World War I memorial window in the north aisle, by
Heaton, Butler & Bayne.
Listing NGR: SK2648867646
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings