This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4247 / 53°25'28"N
Longitude: -2.8862 / 2°53'10"W
OS Eastings: 341208
OS Northings: 392350
OS Grid: SJ412923
Mapcode National: GBR 7TG.MB
Mapcode Global: WH878.M5TX
Entry Name: Broughton Hall
Listing Date: 14 March 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063760
English Heritage Legacy ID: 359795
Location: Liverpool, L12
Electoral Ward/Division: Knotty Ash
Built-Up Area: Liverpool
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: West Derby St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
SJ 49 SW LIVERPOOL YEW TREE LANE
392-/5/1417 Broughton Hall
House, now used as a prep school by Convent of Mercy.
c.1856. Rock-faced stone, steeply pitched slate roof. 2
storeys with basement, 7 bays with later 2-bay extension to
right. 1st 7 bays symmetrical, with central bay breaking
forward and end bays projecting, all under gables. Sill
courses and embattled parapet. Windows are mullioned and
transomed with pointed lights. 1st bay oriel with long
bracket, traceried heads and embattled parapet. Central bay
has enclosed porch with stepped gable and finial, octagonal
turrets with buttresses and pinnacles. Tudor-arched
entrance has 3-light window over. 1st floor window above
porch with stepped gable and finial, octagonal turrets with
buttresses and pinnacles. Tudor-arched entrance has 3-light
window over. 1st floor window above porch of 4 stepped
ogee-headed lights under relieving arch. Recessed bays have
2-light windows flanking lateral stacks. End basement are
similar, with stepped parapet. Left return has
conservatory, iron and glass, 7 x 7 bays with belvedere.
Connecting bay to house and opposite 3-bay forward break
with entrance. Elaborate decoration to columns and arched
panels. Now has felt roof (1984).
Listing NGR: SJ4120892350
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings