This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3787 / 53°22'43"N
Longitude: -0.2525 / 0°15'8"W
OS Eastings: 516343
OS Northings: 388293
OS Grid: TF163882
Mapcode National: GBR VYPC.4K
Mapcode Global: WHHJP.3B1N
Entry Name: Church of St Thomas
Listing Date: 1 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064043
English Heritage Legacy ID: 197152
Location: North Willingham, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN8
District: West Lindsey
Civil Parish: North Willingham
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: North Willingham St Thomas
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 18 NE NORTH WILLINGHAM MAIN ROAD
3/27 Church of
1.11.66 St. Thomas
Parish church. C14, C15, 1753, 1896 interior restoration.
Squared greenstone rubble with some sandstone coursed rubble.
Slate roofs having lead dressings. Western tower, nave and
chancel. The tower is of 3 stages with plinth, embattled parapet
with corner pinnacles. C18 west door with chamfered reveals, has
semi-circular head with key and impost blocks. Above is a reset
C15 window with panel tracery and to belfry stage are paired ogee
headed lights with mandorla over, in principal directions. North
side wall of nave has 3 semi-circular headed windows with key and
impost blocks. East chancel wall has a Venetian window with
plain surround. South side of nave matches the north. Interior.
West tower chamber contains staircase with plain balusters
leading to first floor ringing chamber in the east wall of which
the original C14 single chamfered pointed tower arch can be seen.
The nave is entered through panelled double doors with a low
basket arched C18 surround having key and impost blocks. The
nave and chancel have dentillated cornices. The chancel arch is
semi-circular headed with panelled reveals and moulded imposts.
Fittings. Mid C18 turned baluster altar rails, panelled pulpit
and at the west end of the nave is a panelled gallery with
dentillated cornice supported on slender square columns. C19
octagonal font on a circular marble shaft. Monuments. Built
into the west wall of the nave is the head of a C13 recumbent
grave slab with cross fleury terminal. In the chancel 2 pitch
pine freestanding crosses brought from Palestine after the First
Listing NGR: TF1634388293
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings