This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5109 / 51°30'39"N
Longitude: -0.0875 / 0°5'15"W
OS Eastings: 532812
OS Northings: 180837
OS Grid: TQ328808
Mapcode National: GBR SD.HK
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.F9L3
Entry Name: 29, Martin Lane Ec4
Listing Date: 16 December 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064606
English Heritage Legacy ID: 199620
Location: City of London, London, EC4R
District: City and County of the City of London
Electoral Ward/Division: Candlewick
Built-Up Area: City of London
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): City of London
Church of England Parish: St Clement Eastcheap
Church of England Diocese: London
MARTIN LANE EC4
TQ 3280 NE 16/439 16.12.74.
1853; Architect John Davies. Built on site of St Martin Orgar as rectory with
tower incorporated into house. Red brick with painted stucco dressings and quoins
in modified late C17/early C18 style, 3 storeys plus basement, Ground floor arched
porch in stucco and round headed windows with stucco architraves. Upper floor
sash windows with stucco surrounds, parapet to roof. House has 2 storey canted
bay window facing churchyard with stucco dressings and pilasters carrying entablature.
Tower in 3 plain stages with windows facing churchyard, crowning cornice and parapet
with blocking course. Large wooden bracketed clock with segmental pediment facing
Martin Lane dated 1853. Cast iron railings with spearhead finials.
Listing NGR: TQ3281280837
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings