This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5167 / 51°31'0"N
Longitude: -0.1022 / 0°6'8"W
OS Eastings: 531775
OS Northings: 181460
OS Grid: TQ317814
Mapcode National: GBR PB.6G
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.54TM
Plus Code: 9C3XGV8X+M4
Entry Name: Church of St Sepulchre
Listing Date: 4 January 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064640
English Heritage Legacy ID: 199516
Location: City of London, London, EC1A
District: City and County of the City of London
Electoral Ward/Division: Farringdon Without
Built-Up Area: City of London
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): City of London
Church of England Parish: St Sepulchre Holborn
Church of England Diocese: London
HOLBORN VIADUCT EC1
Church of St Sepulchre
TQ 3181 SE 8/177 4.1.50.
Mid C15 and late C17, with later alterations and refacings. Approximately a rectangle
with continuous aisles to nave and chancel. St Stephen's Chapel projects to north
and a 3 storeyed porch to south. Variously repaired and refaced stone walls are
original with late C17 classical arcades (of 7 bays) and east window. Plaster
ceilings reconstructed in 1837. Numerous monuments. Organ case of 1677. Reredos.
Carved woodwork etc. C17 sundial on south side. C18 wrought iron gate to porch.
Vestries to north-east partially of design dated 1791 (reconstructed in 1962) with
Venetian windows etc. Attached to east wall is memorial bust of Charles Lamb,
removed from Christchurch, Newgate Street.
Listing NGR: TQ3177581462
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings