This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5171 / 51°31'1"N
Longitude: -0.0787 / 0°4'43"W
OS Eastings: 533405
OS Northings: 181546
OS Grid: TQ334815
Mapcode National: GBR VB.GB
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.L47B
Plus Code: 9C3XGW8C+RG
Entry Name: Port of London Authority's Warehouses and Boundary Walls to Middlesex Street and New Street
Listing Date: 4 January 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064679
English Heritage Legacy ID: 199419
Location: City of London, London, EC2M
County: City of London
Electoral Ward/Division: Bishopsgate
Built-Up Area: City of London
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): City of London
Church of England Parish: St Botolph without Bishopsgate
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 3381 NW 5/53
TQ 3381 NE 6/53
TQ 3381 SW 11/53
TQ 3381 SE 12/53
CUTLER STREET E1
Port of London Authority's Warehouses and boundary walls to Middlesex Street and New Street
Late C18. Large, irregular group of buildings round enclosed and partially enclosed courtyards. Mainly six storeys, the top one an addition. Pinkish/yellow brick with occasional dressings of Portland stone. Window arches mainly flat. Timber framing to tiers of loading doors with modern gantries etc. Parapet to slated roof.
Elevations to Devonshire Square and to New Street with more stone dressings especially latter which has been considerably spoilt by alteration. Southwest elevation of central block, facing Cutler Street entrance, of some distinction with arcaded ground storey of stone, cornice below fourth storey and large clock bracketed from first floor. Interiors of timber construction with two rows of columns, those to the lower storeys well finished with moulded caps and bases etc. Thin cast iron columns support added top storey which has Queen post roof trusses of timber. High, panelled wall to Middlesex Street and New Street.
Listing NGR: TQ3340581546
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings