This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.6325 / 51°37'57"N
Longitude: -0.1992 / 0°11'57"W
OS Eastings: 524727
OS Northings: 194171
OS Grid: TQ247941
Mapcode National: GBR C0.VTV
Mapcode Global: VHGQC.H7JB
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 26 May 1993
Last Amended: 9 June 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064766
English Heritage Legacy ID: 199255
Location: Barnet, London, N20
Electoral Ward/Division: Totteridge
Built-Up Area: Barnet
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Totteridge
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 29/01/2013
No 44, The Vicarage
(Formerly listed under TOTTERIDGE LANE)
Vicarage. 1892 by Charles Nicholson. Red brick in English bond, roughcast bay windows and
dormer cheeks. Plain tile hipped roof sprocketed out over moulded wooden eaves cornice.
Brick Axial stacks with tall shafts with brick cornices.
PLAN: Rectangular plan with entrance hall to right of centre, service rooms and single storey
outhouses at left end and principal rooms overlooking garden at rear SE. Domestic Revival
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attic. Asymmetrical 2:2:1:2 NW front. First floor has pairs of
narrow 8-pane sashes in moulded flush boxes and small moulded cills. Ground floor narrow
cross-mullion-transom window to right and 2 very small casements and sash on left, all with
glazing bars, flush moulded cases, moulded cills and relieving arches; main doorway to right of
centre with large segmental moulded canopy on squat Tuscan stone columns on brick piers, 8-
panel door with side lights in moulded frame and small round stained glass window above; 8-
panel service door to left. 3-window SE garden front with narrow roughcast full-height canted
bay windows to left and centre, around which the main eaves cornices breaks forward, casement
windows and narrow French casement onright bay; tripartite sash on right and narrow sash
above. 2 hipped dormers with deep moulded eaves cornices and 2 very small flat roof dormers.
Similar sashes and casements and bay on SW and NE ends, NE end with single storey hipped
roof outhouses. Rainwater heads dated 1892.
INTERIOR: Good interior features and joinery intact including, panelled doors, cupboards,
moulded cornices, staircase balustrade and a fine set of chimney pieces some with tiled
surrounds to grate, one with Delft tiles; good free-style hall chimneypiece. Stained glass roundel
over front door by Archibald Nicholson.
Listing NGR: TQ2472794171
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings