This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5735 / 51°34'24"N
Longitude: -0.0289 / 0°1'44"W
OS Eastings: 536691
OS Northings: 187910
OS Grid: TQ366879
Mapcode National: GBR K0.HCT
Mapcode Global: VHGQN.GQ23
Entry Name: Church of St Saviour
Listing Date: 29 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1065595
English Heritage Legacy ID: 206916
Location: Waltham Forest, London, E17
District: Waltham Forest
Electoral Ward/Division: Markhouse
Built-Up Area: Waltham Forest
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Walthamstow St Saviour
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 38 NE MARKHOUSE ROAD
2/21 (west side)
29.3.85 Church of St Saviour
Church. 1874. By T F Dolman. Squared coursed rubblestone; asbestos slates to roof.
Geometrical style. Five-bay nave, aisles, clerestory; full-height chancel with
polygonal apse; tower to north-west corner, of three stages with octagonal stair
turret and broach spire. Interior has richly moulded pointed arcades supported by
piers with applied shafts. Two-light windows to clerestory set within blind arcading
with detached shafts. Three lancets to west end. Three-light central window to east
end. Roof replaced at lower pitch after fire in 1945. Furnishings include C19 font,
pulpit and reredos.
Listing NGR: TQ3669187910
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings