This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.3727 / 51°22'21"N
Longitude: -0.1403 / 0°8'25"W
OS Eastings: 529541
OS Northings: 165374
OS Grid: TQ295653
Mapcode National: GBR F7.C9C
Mapcode Global: VHGRK.JR6L
Entry Name: Pigeon House to North West of Beddington Place
Listing Date: 21 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1065674
English Heritage Legacy ID: 206705
Location: Sutton, London, SM6
Electoral Ward/Division: Beddington North
Built-Up Area: Sutton
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Beddington
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
Pigeon House to
TQ 2965 SE 13/43 21.1.54.
Early C18. A large octagonal red brick dovecote with band half way up, modillioned
eaves cornice, old tile roof with octagonal open cupola, dome and ball finial.
Almost identical with dovecote erected at Carshalton House [see under Pound Street
Carshalton] which was demolished 1906; probably both of these were almost identical
with a dovecote previously in existence at Kensington Palace which was demolished
Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin, Lychgates, Churchyard Walls and wall along
Church Lane, Orangery Wall, Beddington Place, gate and screen, Pigeon House
Nos 1 to 3 (consec) Beddington Park Cottages, premises occupied by Hockey Club
and adjoining structure, East Lodge, wall south-west of Beddington Park Cottages
and garden walls to north of Orangery and Beddington Place form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ2954265373
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings