History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lamport Hall Stables

A Grade II Listed Building in Lamport, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3641 / 52°21'50"N

Longitude: -0.8866 / 0°53'11"W

OS Eastings: 475910

OS Northings: 274583

OS Grid: SP759745

Mapcode National: GBR BTQ.QNS

Mapcode Global: VHDRD.LV42

Entry Name: Lamport Hall Stables

Listing Date: 2 November 1954

Last Amended: 19 July 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1067017

English Heritage Legacy ID: 360334

Location: Lamport, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN6

County: Northamptonshire

District: Daventry

Civil Parish: Lamport

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Lamport with Faxton All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Maidwell

Listing Text

LAMPORT LAMPORT HALL
SP77SE
10/81 Lamport Hall Stables
02/11/54 (Formerly listed as Stables at
Lamport Hall)

GV II

Stables. Late C16. c.1680 and c.1907. Regular coursed lias and squared coursed
lias with slate roof laid to diminishing courses. Courtyard plan, 2 storeys;
part with attics. Garden elevation of 11 window range of 2-light stone mullions,
those at ground floor having transoms and blank bottom lights; all with leaded
diamond panes. 4-window range to right has moulded and eared architraves. Centre
carriage arch with moulded stone surround and keystone. Straight joint to right
indicates extent of C16 work; that to left is c1680. Blank carriage arch to
right with moulded stone surround and bolection moulded keystone has reset stone
mullion windows in the centre. Ashlar gable parapets with ashlar stack and
weathervane at end. The other ranges forming 3 sides of the courtyard are of
1907, incorporating garaging and stabling. Central carriage arch has gable over
with clock set in ashlar surround. A similar range of stables to the west,
formed the third side of a courtyard with the house and was demolished in 1829.
(Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, p.284-6).


Listing NGR: SP7591074583

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.