This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.4113 / 53°24'40"N
Longitude: -2.1559 / 2°9'21"W
OS Eastings: 389734
OS Northings: 390506
OS Grid: SJ897905
Mapcode National: GBR FXDZ.1W
Mapcode Global: WHB9W.VJK6
Entry Name: Gateway to Parish Church of St Mary and Fountain to Side
Listing Date: 10 March 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1067202
English Heritage Legacy ID: 210796
Location: Stockport, SK1
Electoral Ward/Division: Brinnington and Central
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Stockport
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater Manchester
Church of England Parish: Stockport St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 05/12/2014
SJ 8990 NE 1/1A
CHURCHGATE (East Side),
Gateway to Parish Church of St Mary and wall and fountain to side
1812, by Lewis Wyatt. Stone. Elaborate Gothic screen forming three pointed archways
with crocketed finials above the centre arch. Ashlar wall to Millgate incorporates
drinking fountain in granite dated 1858, with 2 moulded stone steps below.
The Parish Church of St Mary and gate and wall form a visual group with properties
in the Market Place.
Listing NGR: SJ8973490506
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings