This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1979 / 52°11'52"N
Longitude: 0.1224 / 0°7'20"E
OS Eastings: 545152
OS Northings: 257639
OS Grid: TL451576
Mapcode National: GBR L7H.1S1
Mapcode Global: VHHK9.20KY
Entry Name: Hobson's Conduit
Listing Date: 26 April 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1067788
English Heritage Legacy ID: 47826
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2
Electoral Ward/Division: Market
Built-Up Area: Cambridge
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Cambridge St Benedict
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 4557 NW 10/209 26.4.50. Hobson's Conduit
Erected on Market Hill 1614, re-erected in present position in 1856. Hexagonal
stone structure with moulded plinth; niche in each side with shell-head;
entablature surmounted by strapwork cresting, achievement of Royal Arms
on one side, putti and carved beasts at angles and ogee-shaped top surmounted
by pineapple finial. Restored 1967. Interesting as the fountainhead of
a very early public water supply. See also Market Hill. (RCHM 79).
Listing NGR: TL4515257638
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings