This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.5709 / 54°34'15"N
Longitude: -1.3117 / 1°18'42"W
OS Eastings: 444597
OS Northings: 519736
OS Grid: NZ445197
Mapcode National: GBR MH8L.T7
Mapcode Global: WHD6Y.TCKQ
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 19 January 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1068751
English Heritage Legacy ID: 59483
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, TS18
Electoral Ward/Division: Stockton Town Centre
Built-Up Area: Stockton-on-Tees
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): County Durham
Church of England Parish: Stockton-on-Tees
Church of England Diocese: Durham
NZ 4419 NE STOCKTON ON TEES NORTON ROAD
19.1.51 Church of St Mary
Roman Catholic. Opened 1842. Design attributed to A W N Pryin, later additions
north transept, east vestries and apparently the tower - by Messrs C Hadfield
& Sons. 4 bay aisled nave with gabled clerestory lights; 2 bay chancel with
apse. West font early English: central pointed doorway of several orders and
label. Above are 5 lancets with triple keeled shafts and dog-tooth upper mouldings.
Vesica window in coped gable. Pair of lancets at west end of south aisle.
Tower at north west corner. 5 styles with set back buttresses having pointed
terminals containing blind cusped tracery. Embattled parapet. 2nd stage of
tower has 2 tall lancets with drilled patterns in jambs. The north entrance,
under the tower, also with drilled jambs. Main porch to south. Gabled chapel
to south west. 4 bay window to interior with organ loft bay to west.
Listing NGR: NZ4459719736
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings