This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7773 / 53°46'38"N
Longitude: -2.9155 / 2°54'55"W
OS Eastings: 339763
OS Northings: 431603
OS Grid: SD397316
Mapcode National: GBR 8S2R.LP
Mapcode Global: WH85J.5BX3
Entry Name: Church of St Nicholas
Listing Date: 11 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072037
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183630
Location: Ribby-with-Wrea, Fylde, Lancashire, PR4
Civil Parish: Ribby-with-Wrea
Built-Up Area: Wrea Green
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Ribby cum Wrea St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
RIBBY WITH WREA WREA GREEN
SD 33 SE
8/60 Church of St. Nicholas
Church, 1848-9, with steeple 1884. Sandstone rubble, blue slate roof.
Nave and chancel, 3-stage tower with broach spire attached to south side;
in Early English style. Four-bay nave has plate-tracery windows of 2
cusped lights with quatrefoils and trefoils alternately in the heads, west
gable has similar but larger window set in moulded arch with shafts, and a
small wheel window above. Tower attached to 2nd bay has porch doorway with
3 orders of moulding and a hoodmould, string courses, gableted niche with
statue, louvred 3-light belfry windows, broach spire with transomed 2-light
lucarnes in the cardinal sides; polygonal stair turret at north west
corner, rising from eaves of nave. Chancel of 2 short bays has 2-light
traceried windows with foliated-stop hoodmoulds, tall traceried east window
of 3 lights with cinquefoil and trefoils in the head. Interior:
arch-braced kingpost roof; carved and painted reredos.
Listing NGR: SD3976331603
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings