This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.9247 / 53°55'28"N
Longitude: -3.0058 / 3°0'20"W
OS Eastings: 334049
OS Northings: 448088
OS Grid: SD340480
Mapcode National: GBR 7RG1.1V
Mapcode Global: WH84P.SMW3
Entry Name: Wyre Borough Treasurer's and Borough Housing Departments
Listing Date: 31 March 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072398
English Heritage Legacy ID: 184767
Location: Fleetwood, Wyre, Lancashire, FY7
Civil Parish: Fleetwood
Built-Up Area: Fleetwood
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Fleetwood St Peter and St David
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
No 7 (Wyre Borough
Treasurer's and Borough
SD 3448 2/41
1836. Architect Decimus Burton. Built originally as the Customs' House, and
the 1st building in the town. Subsequently the Town Hall, Roughcast. 2 storeys.
Moulded eaves cornice. Blocking course. Elaborate ornamental iron cresting over
south part, with finials at corners. 8 ranges of sashes. North 3 break forward.
South 5 have moulded surrounds, those on ground floor with moulded cornices. 2
Tuscan porches with full entablature, that to north with square columns and
closed sides, that to south with round columns and open sides with cast iron
railings. South porch has sane cast iron cresting as cornice. Step up to porches,
with flanking cast iron railings with spear finials, continued across front.
Listing NGR: SD3404948088
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings