This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.8482 / 53°50'53"N
Longitude: -2.8814 / 2°52'53"W
OS Eastings: 342108
OS Northings: 439461
OS Grid: SD421394
Mapcode National: GBR 8R9Y.Z9
Mapcode Global: WH854.QJ2S
Plus Code: 9C5VR4X9+7C
Entry Name: Church of St Anne
Listing Date: 17 April 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1073066
English Heritage Legacy ID: 185015
Location: Great Eccleston, Wyre, Lancashire, PR3
Civil Parish: Great Eccleston
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Copp or Great Eccleston St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 43 NW GREAT ECCLESTON COPP
7/3 Church of St.Anne
Church, 1884-5, with C18th remains. Coursed sandstone with slate roof.
Comprises a west tower, nave, lower chancel, and south porch. Tower,
originally built 1841 and encased and raised during the rebuilding, of
3 stages with lancet bell openings and an embattled parapet carried on
a corbel table. South nave wall has 4 bays to east of porch, with lancet
windows. The chancel has one bay with paired lancets. The east window is
of 3 stepped lancet lights under a round hood. Above the porch door, which
has a chamfered surround with shouldered lintel, is a plaque inscribed
'S.A.1723'. This refers to original church on this site, parts of which
are said to be retained within the present fabric.
Interior has open timber roof with bolted king posts having curved braces
to the principals, and with curved queen struts. The chancel roof has
scissor-braced rafters. The west gallery has a front of raised panels and
is carried on iron columns with foliated caps.
Listing NGR: SD4210839461
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings