This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.6205 / 52°37'13"N
Longitude: -0.6235 / 0°37'24"W
OS Eastings: 493280
OS Northings: 303418
OS Grid: SK932034
Mapcode National: GBR DTM.R50
Mapcode Global: WHGM1.DD9C
Entry Name: Bede House Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 June 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1073865
English Heritage Legacy ID: 187051
Location: North Luffenham, Rutland, LE15
Civil Parish: North Luffenham
Built-Up Area: North Luffenham
Traditional County: Rutland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Rutland
Church of England Parish: North Luffenham St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
SK 90 SW
(South side) Number 9, Bede House Farmhouse
GV II* (star)
House. Early C15, with C17, C18 and early C19 alterations and additions. Coursed rubble stone with ashlar quoins and stone dressings plus Collyweston slate roof. 2 brick and 2 moulded stone ridge and gable stacks, plus single brick wall stack to rear. 2 storey. Hall house with solar cross wing. East, garden front has central gabled cross wing with 3-light casement under timber lintel to ground floor and similar 2-light window above. To right, C18 wing with single doorway with C20 glazed door, and beyond a small 2-light casement, and above two 2-light casements. To left hall range with two 3-light casement windows under timber lintels and above a similar central 2-light casement flanked by single 3-light casements. At junction with cross wing small lean-to porch with C20 plank door under timber lintel. South gable wall has single 2-light casement to upper floor. West, rear front has gabled cross wing with single storey C19 lean-to addition and upper plain sash window. To right hall range remnant of C17 mullion window with single blocked light in moulded ashlar surround and inserted 2-light casement to left with blocked window beyond, to left former doorway with C20 window and above two 2-light sliding sashes. INTERIOR retains 2 cruck trusses to cross wing roof and arched brace trusses to former open hall roof which has smoke-blackened timbers and the remains of a smoke hood. Hall floored-in and fireplaces inserted in C17 with surviving chamfered beams. Hall retains screens passage with C18 panel doors and round arched cupboards inserted. The roof timbers of this house have been dendro dated with a likely felling date of 1404 for the cross wing timbers and a precise felling date of 1433 for the hall.
Listing NGR: SK9328003418
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings