This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.648 / 52°38'52"N
Longitude: -1.0758 / 1°4'32"W
OS Eastings: 462627
OS Northings: 305981
OS Grid: SK626059
Mapcode National: GBR FWD.CN
Mapcode Global: WHFKH.FPZW
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 5 January 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074015
English Heritage Legacy ID: 188674
Location: Leicester, LE5
County: City of Leicester
Electoral Ward/Division: Humberstone & Hamilton
Built-Up Area: Leicester
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Humberstone St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SK 60 NW 15/132 5.1.50 Parish Church of St Mary
C14 west tower in four stages with angle buttresses, quatrefoil frieze
and short broach spire. Medieval masonry in chancel. The rest (nave,
north and south) rebuilt in early C15 manner by Raphael Brandon in 1858.
The west tower incorporates some moulded effigies and incised stones and
a monument to Richard Hotoft 1451 incised slab of a Knight on a tomb-chest.
Listing NGR: SK6262705981
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings