History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Range of Ancillary Buildings Including Forge and Workshops, at Kew Bridge Pumping Station

A Grade II Listed Building in Brentford, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.4889 / 51°29'19"N

Longitude: -0.2898 / 0°17'23"W

OS Eastings: 518837

OS Northings: 178042

OS Grid: TQ188780

Mapcode National: GBR 7Y.X77

Mapcode Global: VHGQW.XVP0

Entry Name: Range of Ancillary Buildings Including Forge and Workshops, at Kew Bridge Pumping Station

Listing Date: 18 October 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1074198

English Heritage Legacy ID: 439935

Location: Hounslow, London, TW8

County: London

District: Hounslow

Electoral Ward/Division: Brentford

Built-Up Area: Hounslow

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: Brentford St Paul

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Kew Bridge

Listing Text

The following building shall be added:-

KEW BRIDGE ROAD, BRENTFORD
TQ 1878
16/194E Range of ancillary buildings
including forge and workshops,
at Kew Bridge Pumping Station.

II GV

Stables, forge, carpenter's shop and machine shop, now outbuildings, forge and
workshops. Probably 1845-6, rebuilding and alterations late C19. For the Grand
Junction Water Works Company. Brownish brick in Flemish bond; Welsh slate roofs
with some replacement corrugated asbestos. Long single-storey range. From left:
gabled mid C20 bay not of special interest. Gabled bay with wide board door below
segmental brick arch; hipped roof. 4-bay formerly open-fronted shelter having iron
columns on chamfered padstones carrying timber wall plate; all but 3rd bay infilled
on left having brick infill with doors and windows, on right having shop front;
2-span roof. 8-bay late C19 workshop range having chamfered stone lintels to
openings, the windows large, in recesses with chamfered black-brick plinths, agd
having 9-pane pivoting casements; double board doors; forge, on left, has stable
door flanked by windows, and 2 metal flues and 2 gabled ridge louvres to roof;
former carpenter's shop has door with window to right; machine shop on right has
door with 2 windows to right, and stack to rear. Interior: machine shop has
overhead shafts, wheels and belts of machinery; forge has 2 forges. Included for
group value.


Listing NGR: TQ1883778042

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.