This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6013 / 52°36'4"N
Longitude: -1.3332 / 1°19'59"W
OS Eastings: 445259
OS Northings: 300600
OS Grid: SK452006
Mapcode National: GBR 7L7.ZQM
Mapcode Global: WHDJF.HWC4
Entry Name: Former Stables to Kirkby Hall
Listing Date: 22 October 1952
Last Amended: 10 August 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074202
English Heritage Legacy ID: 188206
Location: Peckleton, Hinckley and Bosworth, Leicestershire, LE9
District: Hinckley and Bosworth
Civil Parish: Peckleton
Built-Up Area: Kirkby Mallory
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Kirkby Mallory All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SK 40 SE PECKLETON MALLORY PARK (north side)
22.10.52 Former stables to
Kirkby Hall (Formerly
listed as "Kirkby
Mallory Hall with
Stable block, now motor racing store. Early to mid-C18. Red brick
with part-rendered ground floor. Moulded brick eaves cornice to plain
tiled hipped roof. 2 storeys. Regular, widely spaced 2:3:2 window
front with central pedimented projection; 2-light, oak-framed casements
on first floor; cross-windows survive on ground floor in 2 outer bays
to left and in second bay from right. Blocked window to extreme right.
3 entrances in centre of ground floor, all with transom lights.
L-shaped wings to rear with recessed arches on north side and carriage
arch through. Considerable survival of oak-framed cross-windows on
ground floor of rear wings. The west and south fronts have been
covered in a grid of timber battens at some time, now removed to west.
Listing NGR: SK4525900600
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings