History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Clodock Mill

A Grade II Listed Building in Longtown, County of Herefordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9405 / 51°56'25"N

Longitude: -2.9817 / 2°58'54"W

OS Eastings: 332613

OS Northings: 227345

OS Grid: SO326273

Mapcode National: GBR F7.MT5Z

Mapcode Global: VH78N.8HK7

Entry Name: Clodock Mill

Listing Date: 14 March 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1078152

English Heritage Legacy ID: 355388

Location: Longtown, County of Herefordshire, HR2

County: County of Herefordshire

Civil Parish: Longtown

Traditional County: Herefordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire

Church of England Parish: Clodock and Longtown

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Llanveynoe

Listing Text

SO 32 NW LONGTOWN CP CLODOCK

6/79 Clodock Mill

- II

Mill and mill house. Late C18 or early C19 with late C19 alterations,
minor C20 alterations. Rendered sandstone rubble with Welsh slate roofs.
L-plan mill with north/south main wing, east lateral water wheel,east/west
wing adjoins house to west; house has north projecting service wing at east
end; two gable-end stacks and axial stack, axial stack to service wing.
Mill: two storeys and attic; north front: 2-light casement window in gable,
small 2-light casement window and doorway to first floor, further doorway
to ground floor,square-headed doorway to right in east/west wing; large
iron water wheel to east with date 1868 and made in Leominster; house with
east return of service wing to right, two 2-light casement windows, similar
window to right of ledged door on ground floor. Interior: mill retains
machinery and has two stones. The mill fell into disuse in 1952 but the
house was still occupied by the former miller at time of resurvey (July 1985).


Listing NGR: SO3261327345

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.