This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0505 / 52°3'1"N
Longitude: -1.7814 / 1°46'53"W
OS Eastings: 415084
OS Northings: 239145
OS Grid: SP150391
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.DF9
Mapcode Global: VHB13.2QLG
Entry Name: Town Hall
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Last Amended: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078401
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126182
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 HIGH STREET
(Formerly listed under
SP 1539 SW 9/202 25.8.60
Remodelled 1897 and incorporating late mediaeval and C17 features. Said to include
material from a Norman chapel of St Catherine dedicated 1180. Coursed rubble
with Cotswold stone roof. Two storeys. Three bays. Irregular fenestration.
Two restored first floor windows and 2 probably C17 windows below on south side,
also 2 mediaeval buttresses with tracery panels, low-shelter pentise over, small
door to left. West gable has lunette to gable and vase at apex of verge. North
front has blocked first floor windows, 3 blocked 2 light windows on ground floor
with moulded heads and a blocked door. East front has entry lobby to first floor
and verges with side pinnacles and ogee capped belfry.
Listing NGR: SP1503939137
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings