This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7834 / 51°47'0"N
Longitude: 0.0002 / 0°0'0"E
OS Eastings: 538072
OS Northings: 211306
OS Grid: TL380113
Mapcode National: GBR KC1.0X7
Mapcode Global: VHGPP.YFHP
Entry Name: Garden House at the Clock House 40 Metres West South West of House
Listing Date: 30 September 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078700
English Heritage Legacy ID: 355978
Location: Stanstead St. Margarets, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, SG12
District: East Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Stanstead St Margarets
Built-Up Area: St Margarets
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Great Amwell with St Margaret's
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 3811 STANSTEAD HODDESDON ROAD
ST MARGARETS (west side)
St Margarets village
13/34 Garden House at
The Clock House
40 metres WSW of house
A garden house: about 1760, said to have been moved here from
Aramstone House, Kings Capel, Ross on Wye, probably in the
present century. Timberframed. Rusticated stucco exterior.
Timber panelling inside. Flat roof. A small rectangular garden
building facing E. Elaborate pilastered front with central
panelled door flanked by 2-windows. Moulded doorcase with flat-
topped cornice, frames, swags, carved frieze with end scrolls,
and egg-and-dart bed mould. Moulded and carved window sills.
Elaborate panelled interior with raised and fielded panels and
moulded dado rail and cornice. Reeded pilasters with Doric
features in each end wall with triglyph frieze. 6-panel doors
and C19 fireplace. Round headed doorway in rear wall.
Listing NGR: TL3807211306
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings