This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5439 / 51°32'37"N
Longitude: -0.3689 / 0°22'8"W
OS Eastings: 513203
OS Northings: 184034
OS Grid: TQ132840
Mapcode National: GBR 5B.FMX
Mapcode Global: VHFT6.KG9B
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 24 February 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1079414
English Heritage Legacy ID: 200924
Location: Ealing, London, UB5
Electoral Ward/Division: Northolt Mandeville
Built-Up Area: Ealing
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Mary Northolt
Church of England Diocese: London
EALING ROAD (off)
Church of St Mary
TQ 18 SW 1/3 24.2.50
Nave rebuilt and perhaps widened towards the south, circa 1300. Chancel rebuilt
early C16. Bell turret C16. Buttress added circa 1700. South porch C19.
Brick chancel, nave of flint and iron-stone, cement-rendered. Dressings of
Reigate and other freestone. Chancel windows modern with C16 rere-arches.
No chancel arch. Nave north windows, west of circa 1300 with 2 trefoil lights,
east of mid C14. Blocked C14 north doorway. Similar windows and south doorway
of C14. C14 west window. Early C16 king-post roof in chancel and nave.
C15 piscina in nave south wall. Stoup circa 1300 in nave east of south doorway.
Three C17 bells. Brasses of C15 and C16. Font of mid to late C14 with oak
cover dated 1624. C17 and C18 monuments and floor slabs. Tiled roofs. Shingled
spirelet. (RCHM Middlesex pp 96-97).
Listing NGR: TQ1320384034
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings