This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3943 / 51°23'39"N
Longitude: -0.3044 / 0°18'15"W
OS Eastings: 518063
OS Northings: 167507
OS Grid: TQ180675
Mapcode National: GBR 79.ZY6
Mapcode Global: VHGRG.N6YY
Entry Name: Clock Tower
Listing Date: 6 October 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080097
English Heritage Legacy ID: 203098
Location: Kingston upon Thames, London, KT6
District: Kingston upon Thames
Electoral Ward/Division: St Mark's
Built-Up Area: Kingston upon Thames
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Surbiton St Andrew and St Mark
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ 1867 NW KINGSTON-UPON-THAMES CLAREMONT ROAD
TQ 1867 SW
Square, stone-faced Gothic clock tower erected 1905-06. The tower has four stages.
Each face is similar. The bottom stage rises from a stepped base. It has diagonal
buttresses and a recessed niche crowned with an arched, cusped canopy, side
pinnacles, gablet containing oculus and finial. The niche on the south side
contains a bronze, oval medallion with bust of Edward VII. The second stage is
blank, except for 2 small loopholes and a small trefoil. The third stage contains a
triple lancet window with louvred lights. Cornice above. The top stage, containing
the clock faces, is corbelled out slightly. The clock faces are set beneath gablets
with carved label stops and finials. There are corner pinnacles and the stage is
crowned with stone lantern carried on flying buttresses, with a spirelet and carved
finial and wrought iron weather vane incorporating the letters 'A.E.'.
Listing NGR: TQ1806367507
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings