This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4517 / 51°27'6"N
Longitude: -0.4395 / 0°26'22"W
OS Eastings: 508531
OS Northings: 173679
OS Grid: TQ085736
Mapcode National: GBR 30.7WW
Mapcode Global: VHFTK.BRJZ
Entry Name: Burlington House and flanking Walls of Burlington House
Listing Date: 14 August 1953
Last Amended: 21 May 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080324
English Heritage Legacy ID: 202549
Location: Hounslow, London, TW14
Electoral Ward/Division: Bedfont
Built-Up Area: Hounslow
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Mary Bedfont
Church of England Diocese: London
The Green is an irregular triangular shaped open space lined on the south with small houses and shops of C18 and later date and on the North by the church and a handsome late C18 house standing in its own grounds. The west side formerly had the "Black Dog" Inn, a famous posting house kept by Peter Harvey the inventor of Harvey's Sauce which later named St Stephens was pulled down few years back. A group of cottages to the north of this (RCHM Item 3) has also been demolished, as has the Vicarage.
TQ 0873 39/403
TQ 0873 39/403A
Burlington House. (Formerly listed as St Mary's) and Flanking walls of Burlington House (Formerly listed as Flanking walls of St Mary's).
1791. Built for William Reed. (Date stone on garden wall). Two storeys and basement. Mansarded old orange-red tiled roof to attic. Stock brick. Five sash windows with glazing bars round-headed doorway approached by double flight of steps in window space one from right. Plain flush panelled door in plain reveals fish scaled semi-circular fanlight plain architrave consoles and cornice. Iron railings. Band to stone capped parapet and five flat topped old sash window dormers with cornices. Plain stacks. Interior no special features.
Tall projecting stock brick walls with stone caps and ball finials and walls facing Green on each side. Posts and chains in front. NMR.
The Green with its buildings and the tree planting both on the Green and in neighbouring gardens is a feature of considerable value and the whole forms a group with the Church on its North side.
Listing NGR: TQ0853173679
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings