This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0918 / 52°5'30"N
Longitude: -1.9471 / 1°56'49"W
OS Eastings: 403722
OS Northings: 243718
OS Grid: SP037437
Mapcode National: GBR 3LB.SNX
Mapcode Global: VHB0T.6PJ9
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage (Church House)
Listing Date: 7 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1081350
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147473
Location: Evesham, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11
Civil Parish: Evesham
Built-Up Area: Evesham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Evesham All Saints with St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
The Old Vicarage
SP 0343 NE 1/11 7.5.52.
C15-C16 building attached to Abbot Reginald's Gateway (qv). Timber frame; 2 storeys;
1st floor overhang on moulded bressummer; close-set vertical framing; 2 C18 sash
windows and 2 casements, all windows with renewed lights and minus glazing bars;
4-light oriel on left-hand side; ground storey windows are C18 casements with 2
C19 window on left-hand side; plain doorway with rectangular fanlight and later
panelled door; coved plaster eaves; modern tile roof. Room at centre of ground
storey contains a small mural painting above doorway.
The Public Library, Nos 6 and 6A, Nos 7 and 8 and Walker Hall form a group with
Abbot Reginald's Gateway and The Old Vicarage, Church of St Lawrence, Church of
All Saints, The Bell Tower, Abbot Reginald's Wall and the Porter's Lodge, Remains
of west wall of the North Transept of Abbey, Archway to south of the Remains of
west wall of the North Transept of Abbey, Market Place and Nos 53 and 54 incorporating
Remains of Abbey Gate, Gate and railings of No 53, Remains of Abbey Stables, The
Almonry and The Stocks, Merstow Green.
Listing NGR: SP0372643716
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings