This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.092 / 52°5'31"N
Longitude: -1.947 / 1°56'49"W
OS Eastings: 403726
OS Northings: 243739
OS Grid: SP037437
Mapcode National: GBR 3LB.SNV
Mapcode Global: VHB0T.6PK4
Entry Name: 6 and 6a, Market Place
Listing Date: 7 May 1952
Last Amended: 24 June 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1081389
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147466
Location: Evesham, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11
Civil Parish: Evesham
Built-Up Area: Evesham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Evesham All Saints with St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
Nos 6 and 6A
[Formerly listed as the
Premises occupied by
J D Woolley]
SP 0343NE 1/32 7.5.52.
Early C19, the core C16 or C17. Roughcast; 2 storeys; 5 casement windows, one
breaking above eaves; plain doorway and canted shop bay window on right-hand side
with modern glazing. Later or modern shop front projecting on left of ground storey.
The Public Library, Nos 6 and 6A, Nos 7 and 8 and Walker Hall form a group with
Abbot Reginald's Gateway and The Old Vicarage Church of St Lawrence, Church of
All Saints, The Bell Tower, Abbot Reginald's Wall and the Porter's Lodge, Remains
of west wall of the North Transept of Abbey, Archway to south of the Remains of
west wall of the North Transept of Abbey, Market Place and Nos 53 and 54 incorporating
Remains of Abbey Gate, Gate and railings of No 53, Remains of Abbey Stables, The
Almonry and The Stocks, Merstow Green.
Listing NGR: SP0372643739
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings