This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1294 / 52°7'45"N
Longitude: -3.0935 / 3°5'36"W
OS Eastings: 325240
OS Northings: 248461
OS Grid: SO252484
Mapcode National: GBR F2.7WW2
Mapcode Global: VH77M.BQFZ
Entry Name: Lower Bridge Court
Listing Date: 19 August 1953
Last Amended: 31 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082511
English Heritage Legacy ID: 150567
Location: Brilley, County of Herefordshire, HR3
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Brilley
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Brilley with Michaelchurch
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
BRILLEY CP -
SO 24 NE
5/14 Lower Bridge Court
(formerly listed as
19.8.53 Lower Bridge Court
Farmhouse and attached barn)
Farmhouse, now house. Circa 1600, with mid-C19 and late C20 alterations.
Timber-framed with rendered infill on rubble base, partly rendered and
weatherboarded with some rubble walling and refacing; stone tiled roof laid
in diminishing courses with rubble ridge stacks. L-plan; main range of four
bays aligned north/south; third bay from south end is a chimney bay with a
lobby entrance and southern end was formerly used as a stable and granary.
A west wing of three framed bays adjoins the north end bay and has a large
chimney at the junction with the main range (the wing was formerly used as a
cowhouse). Two storeys. Framing: main range has two rows of square panels
at first floor level; cross-wing has one row of rectangular panels at first
floor level. West front elevation: main range has C20 casements. There
are three 2-light windows on both floors. Main entrance has a C20 gabled
timber porch and door. West wing has a 2-light window on both floors at its
gable end. In the angle there is a 2-light and a single-light window on the
ground floor and two first floor single-light windows. At the rear north end
of the building is a lean-to rubble outshut with a catslide roof. Interior:
main ceiling beams are stop-chamfered. There is a large fireplace and bread
oven in the west wing. (RCHM, III, p 25, item 21).
Listing NGR: SO2524048461
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings