This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1095 / 52°6'34"N
Longitude: -2.3283 / 2°19'42"W
OS Eastings: 377609
OS Northings: 245738
OS Grid: SO776457
Mapcode National: GBR 0FN.L67
Mapcode Global: VH934.L7GP
Plus Code: 9C4V4M5C+RM
Entry Name: Park View
Listing Date: 1 January 1970
Last Amended: 11 May 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082819
English Heritage Legacy ID: 152016
Location: Malvern, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR14
Civil Parish: Malvern
Built-Up Area: Great Malvern
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Great Malvern
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 19/11/2019
ABBEY ROAD (east side)
No 33, Park View
(formerly listed as Parkview (Ministry of Defence Hostel) Abbey Road, previously listed as No 33 (Parkview Hostel))
Circa 1845. Formerly Priessnitz House, built for Dr James Wilson as the first large-scale hydropathic establishment in Malvern. Three storeys in stone. Five windows: hung sashes with glazing bars, shouldered architraves, and moulded cill bands. Ionic pilasters at ends and between windows; frieze, dentilled cornice, blocking course. Heavy central portico with balustraded entablature on paired columns, square outer columns, fluted Doric inner columns.
Rear elevation of four storeys, cement rendered, with frieze, moulded cornice, blocking course, and strings at floor levels. Windows 3-2-3, outer windows in full-height semi-circular bows.
Later additions to the south and north of the central portion of seven and five bays with similar details to windows, the addition to the north being supported on piers.
Listing NGR: SO7760945738
Other nearby listed buildings