This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0377 / 52°2'15"N
Longitude: -2.4204 / 2°25'13"W
OS Eastings: 371256
OS Northings: 237784
OS Grid: SO712377
Mapcode National: GBR FZ.FVL3
Mapcode Global: VH93H.018Q
Entry Name: Lower Hall
Listing Date: 18 September 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082872
English Heritage Legacy ID: 151840
Location: Ledbury, County of Herefordshire, HR8
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Ledbury
Built-Up Area: Ledbury
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Ledbury
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
5245 CHURCH STREET
(South East Side)
SO 7137 NE 2/15 18.9.53.
C17, largely rebuilt early C18. South front early C18, red brick, steep tiled
hipped roof, brick dentil eaves. 2 storeys and attic, 1:3:1 windows, centre projects
with pediment containing 3-light lunette with keyblock. Sashes with glazing bars
and with segmental brick heads with keyblocks, and cills. Central wide doorway
in moulded architrave and large open pediment on shaped brackets with fanlight,
panelled reveals and panelled door. 2 hipped dormers with moulded cornices.
North side: brick, with brick dentil eaves, 2 storeys, 3 windows, centre breaks
forward with small gable, sashes with glazing bars, centre 1st floor with thick
glazing bars, central fielded-panel door with rectangular fanlight with ornate
flowing tracery, pedimented hood on shared brackets. Brick chimney stacks. Reset
in east wall are 3 carved stones, probably C15. Interior: fielded panel doors.
Formerly known as Nether Hall, and once the residence of the Lay Vicars of Ledbury.
Listing NGR: SO7125637784
Other nearby listed buildings