This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1462 / 54°8'46"N
Longitude: -0.2106 / 0°12'38"W
OS Eastings: 516979
OS Northings: 473740
OS Grid: TA169737
Mapcode National: GBR VNZH.6G
Mapcode Global: WHHF0.Q1XS
Entry Name: Buckton Hall
Listing Date: 11 January 1952
Last Amended: 2 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083409
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166778
Location: Bempton, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO15
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Bempton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Bempton St Michael
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 17 SE BEMPTON BUCKTON HALL
6/2 Buckton Hall
11.1.52 (Formerly listed as
Buckton Hall and
GV II* outbuildings)
Country house. 1744. For John Robinson. Chalk ashlar with stone
dressings: brick parapet, concrete roof. Square plan. Symmetrical
elevation of 3 storeys and basement, 5 bays 2:1:2. Centre bay breaks
forward under pediment. Moulded plinth, rusticated quoins. Stone steps
with flanking walls, pilasters and abutments to C20 panelled main door
in Gibbs surround with fanned key block and pulvinated frieze under
segmental pediment. Ground floor windows have Gibbs surround with
pulvinated frieze and fanned keystone block under dentilled cornice.
Bands to first and second floors. First and second floor windows have
simpler moulded architraves, the former with plain keyblock. In the
centre bay the first floor window has a pulvinated frieze and dentilled
pediment; that above it a moulded and shouldered architrave. All
windows have bracketed sills and contain C20 sashes with glazing bars.
Deep moulded cornice with pulvinated frieze, dentils, and modillions.
Pilastered brick parapet with moulded stone coping conceals flat roof.
Interior gutted by fire in 1919. Side and garden elevations
subsequently remodelled. Interior now contains 2 re-used richly
ornamented doorcases, and an overmantel, dated 1892. Large cellars:
brick vaulted on chalk footings.
Listing NGR: TA1697973740
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings