This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5557 / 53°33'20"N
Longitude: -0.5187 / 0°31'7"W
OS Eastings: 498226
OS Northings: 407586
OS Grid: SE982075
Mapcode National: GBR SWTB.H3
Mapcode Global: WHGGG.0W8H
Entry Name: White House
Listing Date: 6 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083739
English Heritage Legacy ID: 165990
Location: Broughton, North Lincolnshire, DN20
County: North Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Broughton
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Broughton St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SE 9807 BROUGHTON B 1208
18/31 White House
Farmhouse. Early - mid C18 with C19 extension to right and re-roofing.
Early section in limestone rubble with brick dressings and stack, additions
in brick; colour-washed throughout. Slate roof. Plan: 2 rooms with central
lobby-entry, single-room extension to right; later continuous rear outshut.
Gable-end to road. 2 storeys, 4 bays, with symmetrical 3-bay entrance front
to left. C19 panelled door beneath 3-pane overlight in panelled reveal and
pilastered door-case with plain entablature and hood, flanked by 16-pane
sashes in flush wooden architraves with projecting stucco sills beneath
segmental arches. To right, an unequal 12-pane sash in similar surround.
First floor: 3 unequal 12-pane sashes in flush wooden architraves with sills
beneath segmental arches, and a similar C20 sash inserted above entrance.
Stepped and dentilled brick eaves cornice. C19 corniced axial stack to left
and end stack to right. Undergoing alterations at time of resurvey.
Listing NGR: SE9822607586
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings