This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8411 / 53°50'27"N
Longitude: -0.4285 / 0°25'42"W
OS Eastings: 503496
OS Northings: 439462
OS Grid: TA034394
Mapcode National: GBR TSG0.0T
Mapcode Global: WHGF4.DQ56
Entry Name: 9, 10, 11 and 12, Cross Street
Listing Date: 1 March 1950
Last Amended: 1 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1084088
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167129
Location: Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU17
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Beverley
Built-Up Area: Beverley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Beverley St Mary
Church of England Diocese: York
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 30/07/2015
CROSS STREET (east side),
Nos 9, 10, 11 and 12
(Formerly listed as Nos 9 and 11, CROSS STREET)
Circa 1834, by E Page. Consists of house and 2 supporting blocks as now appearing as 1 composition and forms an important element in this street. The house (No. 11) is faced in painted stucco, 2 storeys, 3 windows wide with recessed centre. The windows are sash type, with glazing bars, excepting that the 1st floor central one has marginal panes to casements. 2 fluted Greek Doric columns project slightly in front of the centre recess, and support a plain entablature over which is a cast- iron balcony and a window with consoles and enriched cornice. Inside the small ground floor portico is a 6-panel door with fanlight. Moulded architraves enclose the ground floor windows with panels under, and extend down to the projecting base of the house. Channel in wall under eaves, which have wide projection with pairs of light brackets at intervals. Slate roof, hipped of low pitch. The house is connected to the side wings by screen walls which have arched openings and 6-panel doors, over which are projecting tablets, vertically fluted string courses and panelled parapets. The remainder of the screen has a curved ramp to a lower level in each instance, with a blocked yard doorway to the street frontage. The north side block (No. 9) in white brick, 1 storey, centre 6-panel door with fanlight, 2 windows with stone heads and cills, wood spout on widely spaced block brackets. Low pitch slate roof hipped. The south side block (No.12) is identical except its windows and doorway to the street frontage are blind. No.10 forms a two storey service range that extends from the north side of the main house, to the rear of the north side block. Like the side block, this is of white brick with multi-paned sash windows with stone lintels and cills.
Listing NGR: TA0349639462
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings