This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6041 / 51°36'14"N
Longitude: -0.076 / 0°4'33"W
OS Eastings: 533343
OS Northings: 191223
OS Grid: TQ333912
Mapcode National: GBR H8.PHF
Mapcode Global: VHGQF.MYQ6
Entry Name: Tunnel Connecting East and West Portions of Tottenham Cemetery
Listing Date: 28 February 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1084331
English Heritage Legacy ID: 358695
Location: Haringey, London, N17
Electoral Ward/Division: White Hart Lane
Built-Up Area: Haringey
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St John The Baptist Great Cambridge Road
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 33 91 HARINGEY
(North West Side)
800-/7/10025 Tunnel connecting east and west
portions of Tottenham Cemetery
Tunnel connecting the eastern portion of Tottenham Cemetery with its western extension, opened
in 1883. Dated 1883 in plaques on gables to either side. Rock-faced stone with some ashlar
dressings. The structure comprises two retaining walls with gatepiers and wrought-iron railings on
top, lining a path that dips under the public footpath that cuts through the cemetery. The public
footpath is carried on an arch with stepped gables to either side, each with a plaque bearing a
trefoil and the date.
The tunnel forms a group with the chapel and links it to the war memorial.
Listing NGR: TQ3334391223
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings