History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Isley cum Langley, Leicestershire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 52.8208 / 52°49'14"N

Longitude: -1.3711 / 1°22'15"W

OS Eastings: 442480

OS Northings: 324992

OS Grid: SK424249

Mapcode National: GBR 7HP.269

Mapcode Global: WHDHF.XC9B

Plus Code: 9C4WRJCH+8H

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 7 December 1962

Last Amended: 16 January 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1084396

English Heritage Legacy ID: 358159

Location: Isley cum Langley, North West Leicestershire, Leicestershire, DE74

County: Leicestershire

Civil Parish: Isley cum Langley

Traditional County: Leicestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire

Church of England Parish: Isley Walton All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Leicester

Find accommodation in
Castle Donington


SK 42 SW
Church of All Saints
(formerly listed as
Chapel of All Saints
- II

Parish church. Rebuilt 1819 by Joshua Harrison, much restored 1897. Further
restored and interior refitted 1930s. Rendered, with stone plinth and slate
roof. West tower, nave, south porch, north vestry, shallow chancel bay. West
tower is of 2 stages and has embattled parapet with flat stone coping. Arched
belfry opening on north side; rectangular openings to south and west, all
chamfered. 3 clock faces. South side also has arched 2-light window with
Y-tracery and cusped top-light. Window opening probably dates back to 1819, but
tracery looks late C19. Nave has 3 bays of similar windows, and chamfered
arched north door in gabled porch with arch. Above porch are 2 oval stone
tablets inscribed with dates of rebuilding and 1897 restoration. Chancel bay
has 3-light east window of same type as before. To south of church are later
vestry and boiler room. Interior has early C19 roof trusses, a painted board
with arms of William IV, a charity board, and a board with accounts of 1819
rebuilding. Stone font of baluster type, with lid, is early C19 in origin but
has been restored.

Listing NGR: SK4248024992

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.