This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.2884 / 54°17'18"N
Longitude: -2.7292 / 2°43'45"W
OS Eastings: 352627
OS Northings: 488336
OS Grid: SD526883
Mapcode National: GBR 9LCV.XG
Mapcode Global: WH833.1GNR
Entry Name: Boundary Post Approximately 200 Yards North of Punch Bowl Public House
Listing Date: 12 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1086530
English Heritage Legacy ID: 76534
Location: Stainton, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA9
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Natland
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Crosscrake St Thomas
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
SD 58 NW
A65, Barrows Green
Boundary Post approx.
200 yds North of
Punch Bowl Public
Boundary Post. Dated 1825. Cast Iron. Half hexagonal with fluted faces and
domed top. Painted black and white. Marked:
PH OF PH OF
HEVER on South side and on North side
On boundary between Civil Parishes of Stainton and Natland. One of a series of
similar Milestones and Boundary Posts on the old Turnpike Road.
Listing NGR: SD5262788336
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings