This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.2885 / 54°17'18"N
Longitude: -2.7292 / 2°43'45"W
OS Eastings: 352629
OS Northings: 488345
OS Grid: SD526883
Mapcode National: GBR 9LCV.YF
Mapcode Global: WH833.1GNP
Entry Name: Boundary Post Approximately 200 Yards North of Punch Bowl Public House
Listing Date: 19 July 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1086581
English Heritage Legacy ID: 76449
Location: Natland, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA9
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Natland
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Natland St Mark
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
The asset was previously listed twice also under List entry 1086530. This entry was removed from the List on 9 August 2017.
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 26 April 2017.
SD 58 NW
Boundary post approximately 200 yards north of Punch Bowl Public House
(Formerly listed under A6)
Boundary Post. Dated 1825. Cast-iron. Half-hexagonal with fluted faces and
domed top, painted black and white.
Marked: 'PH OF/HEVER/SHAM' on South Side and 'PH OF KENDAL on North side'
On the boundary between Stainton and Natland Parishes. One of a series of
similar Milestones and Boundary Stones on the old Turnpike Road.
Listing NGR: SD 52629 88345
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings