This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1839 / 54°11'2"N
Longitude: -2.722 / 2°43'19"W
OS Eastings: 352976
OS Northings: 476702
OS Grid: SD529767
Mapcode National: GBR 9NF1.HY
Mapcode Global: WH83P.531C
Entry Name: Coach House, Stables and Hayloft Circa 4 Metres South of Burton Hall
Listing Date: 22 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1087322
English Heritage Legacy ID: 76668
Location: Burton-in-Kendal, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA6
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Burton-in-Kendal
Built-Up Area: Burton-in-Kendal
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Burton St James
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
SD 5276-5376 BURTON TANPITS LANE (off
South side), Burton
6/29 Coach House, Stables
and Hayloft c.4m
South of Burton Hall
Coach house and stables with hayloft over to rear of Burton Hall. Probably mid
C19 remodelling of earlier building. Roughcast render over rubble; limestone
dressings; graduated greenslate roof with stone ridge. Board door to left with
decorative glazing with pointed heads to lights, casement with vertical glazing
bars to right, waggon door with voussoirs and keystone. Ball finial to
right-hand gable. Interior has some original stable fittings and partitions.
Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SD5297676702
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings