This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7784 / 50°46'42"N
Longitude: -2.5724 / 2°34'20"W
OS Eastings: 359735
OS Northings: 97805
OS Grid: SY597978
Mapcode National: GBR PV.47BG
Mapcode Global: FRA 57H1.3N8
Entry Name: Fire Engine House
Listing Date: 9 August 2002
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088098
English Heritage Legacy ID: 489674
Location: Maiden Newton, West Dorset, Dorset, DT2
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Maiden Newton
Built-Up Area: Maiden Newton
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Maiden Newton and Valleys
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
443/0/10006 CHAPEL LANE
09-AUG-02 FIRE ENGINE HOUSE
Fire engine house. Built in 1842-3, by W. Childs, builder; doors repaired or replaced 1910. Flemish stretcher bond red brick; south east side flint and rubble. Welsh state roof with gabled ends. Small rectangular single-cell plan building with plank double doors at north east end, the gable above clad in vertical boards.
INTERIOR: Purbeck stone flag threshold. Two timber rails set into flint and chalk floor.
The fire engine house was purpose-built to house a circa early C19 hand pump, now kept in Maiden Newton Fire Station.
A rare example of a purpose-built village fire engine house, complete with its original fire engine.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings