This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9298 / 51°55'47"N
Longitude: -1.7228 / 1°43'21"W
OS Eastings: 419159
OS Northings: 225730
OS Grid: SP191257
Mapcode National: GBR 4PW.WTN
Mapcode Global: VHBZ5.3R3J
Entry Name: The Talbot Hotel (And Rear Extensions)
Listing Date: 3 March 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088797
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126416
Location: Stow-on-the-Wold, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Stow-on-the-Wold
Built-Up Area: Stow-on-the-Wold
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Stow-on-the Wold St Edward
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 THE SQUARE
The Talbot Hotel (and rear
SP 1925 NW 2/105 3.3.82
In 2 builds.
Left hand C18, but refronted circa 1840. Ashlar, with parapet, Cotswold stone roof.
Three storeys, 3 windows, C19 sashes with 16-pane ones on the ground floor. Segmental
window hoods joined to form continuous string over each floor. The front is set
slightly forward of the main building, with a very narrow sash window on each floor
at the sides. End stacks.
Right hand Mid C18. Altered in mid C19. Coursed rubble with Cotswold stone roof.
Three storeys, 2 windows, C19 flush framed sashes with 16-pane ones to ground floor.
Plain doorway to left.
Rear: 2 series of extensions of varying height the eastern one terminating in a stable
wing to Sheep Street.
The mid-C19 remodelling was probably the result of this building being the Corn
Exchange, see brass letter-box for samples.
Listing NGR: SP1915925730
Other nearby listed buildings